Covid 19 Update
Living with COVID-19
Following the changes to COVID-19 guidance on 1 April 2022, we have updated our information for families, as follows:
- If your child has symptoms of a respiratory infection and a high temperature, they should stay at home while they feel unwell and while they have a high temperature.
- Free PCR and Lateral Flow testing has ended for most people. If you want to arrange a test, you can purchase them from some supermarkets and pharmacies. Following a positive test, children are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 3 days. After 3 days they can return to school if they no longer have a high temperature.
- As always, if your child is unwell and you are worried, contact your GP or phone 111. In a medical emergency, phone 999.
- At school, we continue to do everything we can to reduce the risk of transmission; ventilation, hand hygiene and daily cleaning measures are in place to ensure we maintain a healthy environment as far as possible.
- Pupils who are being sent home with symptoms of a respiratory illness and a high temperature will be kept away from other pupils and staff whilst awaiting collection
- Face coverings in school continue to be voluntary
- Any school events and visitor arrangements will be carefully considered in advance.
- We will also continue to monitor any changes to government guidance and consult Public Health when necessary. Any school events and visitor arrangements will be carefully considered in advance.
- We will also continue to monitor any changes to government guidance and consult Public Health when necessary.