Welcome to the online safety page.
At Culverhill School we pride ourselves on taking a lead in teaching our students how to use new technology safely. We have a number of initiatives to increase student, parent and staff awareness of issues relating to online safety.
All students will receive a number of lessons this year, as part of the ICT curriculum, about how to stay safe in a digital world. These will be organised around an online safety topic each term. This year the topics are as follows:
- Year 7 - 5 Lessons on Cyberbullying, Who am I talking to and Staying safe online.
- Year 8 - 5 Lessons on Cyberbullying, Who am I talking to and Staying safe online.
- Year 9 - 5 Lesson on Cyberbullying, Who am I talking to, Social networking and personal information.
- Years 10 - 5 lessons on information control, social networking, personal information, online risks and digital footprints.
- Year 11 - 5 lessons on information control, social networking, personal information, online risks and digital footprints.
See the following websites for more information:
We have a well established school e-safety policy which is updated annually and is available on the school website.
For further information on e-safety issues and guidance on how to avoid online dangers or deal with them if they occur can be found on the following websites:
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
- Childnet International
- Chat Danger
- Stop Cyberbullying
Click the links below for more information.