Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
Some families will qualify for Free School Meals and we would strongly encourage you to apply if you believe you are eligible. As well as your child receiving a free meal, the school also receives additional income (the Pupil Premium) to support your child's learning. Please speak with a member of our office team if you want to find out more.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
Or fits within any of the following categories:
- You are from a military family
- Your child is in the care of the Local Authority, or has been in the care of the LA and is now adopted
Further information is available on the South Gloucestershire Council website. Parents and carers can apply for free school meals online via the South Gloucestershire Portal. Your eligibility will be checked online, and the portal will let you know whether your child is eligible for free school meals. If your child is eligible you will receive a confirmation message, and the school will be notified directly. If you are not eligible you will be presented with a message stating this.