South Glos Parents and Carers
Public Health are currently developing a children and young persons (CYP) Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Strategy, which is due to be published by the end of 2021, and we really need to hear the views of as many parents and carers, as possible, to help us shape a strategy that meets the needs of local families.
Views will be gathered at two feedback groups:
Parents and carers of children who are non verbal, have complex needs, or have a life limiting illness (15th March, 10-11.30am)
Parents and carers of all SEND children (29th March, 10-11.30am).
We would very much appreciate your support in sharing this information amongst the families you are in contact with.
We need families to share their views on what is currently working well during COVID-19, but also to think back to services pre-pandemic, so that we can best direct our future work.
All lived experiences and views are valid and welcome, and topics for discussion include:
- what are the most important factors that help them to maintain their mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what works well in South Gloucestershire supporting their mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what are the problems, gaps, and challenges to supporting their mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what can be learned from the COVID-19 pandemic in how to better support mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what one thing would make the biggest improvements in mental health and emotional wellbeing?
We are hoping to share this message amongst the parent / carer community in order to gain as much information as possible, to help shape a strategy that best supports families at their time of need.
I’ve attached a social media post for ease of use and the link to direct parent / carers to is: